I write stories for a living, I may not be paid for it yet, but I will be soon. I like to write from personal expreiences and relate it to everyday life, as I know I am not the only person who has gone through what I have gone through. I write my characters past, present and future, I am not liking myself to God, but what I am saying is I know the inside outs of their lives, which if they were real character, they wouldn't want anyone to know.
That's the thing about our stories, some people will tell it how it is, others would not like to look back on it and move on. No-one has a right to know about your past, until you are ready and please for your own benefit tell those you trust. I was listening to B Reith's album, Now Is Not Forever and there is this song titled, "My Story", the whole song is just perfect fit for all our lives, not just mine. The chorus of the song goes;
"There is no way to count all of the mistakes I have made
And I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for Your grace
And you're still here with me, You never gave up after all this time
And I owe it all to You, You're the one that got me through
You wrote my story"
Not only is the title of the album true, the song is my story, your story and our story. Now is not forever, now is just a season. Now is just a moment we're in and there will be another season after this. It may not always be a rocky season or a happy season, but whatever season it is, alway look to God. Standard!
At the end of the song B Reith gives this little declaration, (I don't know what else to call it):
"This is my story and I wouldn't change a thing
I was put here for a purpose this was written by a King
Was carefully designed, hand-crafted and made
By the One who's never made a mistake
I want to give all it takes from here on out to make up for lost time
But what's done is done and I can't press rewind
And all of my regrets are chasin' me from behind
But the future's unwritten I'm racin' towards the finish line
So from here on out everyday counts
I know Your grace meets me no matter what the amount
Despite that I'm hard-hearted, You gave me a clean slate
And promised that You'd finish what you've started
And even though a four minute long song can barely scratch the surface
It's sure enough to show I'm far from perfect
So thank You for the past, help me live in the present
To prepare me for the future 'til my story ends"
I could disect the song from now until tomrrow, I love it so much. Music is good, but music that points to Jesus is even better. I was put on Earth for a purpose, what my purpose is I am still yet to find out and I don't know what direction God is taking me in, but I am willing to follow the direction he is leading me in. Why? Mainly because my plans never work out.
Would I change a thing about my past, yes, I would change a lot about it, but what's done is done and all I can do is make a better future for myself, and then look back in my future past and say, "wow, the journey was tough but I had and still have God."
Rich Wilkerson Jnr was at Church a few weeks back, and in one of the last services he said something along the lines of, "I may not be where I want to be, but I am not where I used to be."
We are all on a journey, there is no point sprinting, when there are times you can walk. And when there are time you can't walk, you can crawl, slide, etc.
My story may not be as perfect as I want my life to seem, but I have Jesus with me, which makes all the difference.
What's your story?
Have a think about it and thank Jesus that he has brought you out of where you were before.
XOXO
Mazzie
No comments:
Post a Comment