Friday, 1 June 2012

Worship music or mainstream music

Some Christians like to write worship music, others don't. I have met some Christians that get freaked out by the fact other Christians musicians don't like to write worship music or have their music in the Christian genre. I personally don't care whether they do or they don't, but I won't listen to it if it sounds disturbing or Nikki Minaj.

I don't see why Christians have to write Christian songs, only they and God know their level of spirituality. I'm a writer that is a Christian, doesn't make me a Christian writer, they are two completely different streams of the industry. If you want to write Christian music great you go on and flourish, if you don't, you go on and flourish. I love both sides of music, I write songs that reflect on what God has done in my life, I am not forced into it, neither am I doing it to make other Christians proud, neither I don't plan on recording the next biggest thing.

I don't want to cause other people to fall, but all I am saying is the next time you meet a Christian musician and they would rather tour with Jessie J than Group 1 Crew, don't roll your eyes.

XOXO
Mazzie

No comments:

Post a Comment