Have you ever thought about moving on from something that you really want to forget and never want to look back on? Do you feel something is holding you back, or people are stopping you from moving on?
In the last few months I have had to let go of a few "life frustrations", due to personal guilt and shame, which was seriously weighing me down. For me to move on I had to talk about it, annoy a friend and then pray to God for self forgiveness. It can also be hard to move on because others keep bringing it up. My parents got divorced seven years ago and I have forgiven my father for leaving, but other relatives and my mum haven't which annoys me so much because their bitterness and anger rubs off on me. Sometimes I think if they really believed in Christ they would learn to forgive and not be so bitter and angry.
I refuse to feel guilt and shame about something that wasn't my fault and I want to move on mainly because I don't want my bitterness to rub off on other people and I am tired of letting the person or thing frustrate me. If I believe that we all have new beginnings in Christ, then I need to start acting like it. It's not going to take seconds to move on, but it does take seconds to say that you forgive yourself and forgive others and it also takes a lot of courage.
We all have something we are dealing with or dealt with, but just think about how your unforgiving spirit and bitterness will affect you in the long run. Whether you believe in Christ or not, an unforgiving spirit and your bitterness towards whatever you are dealing with will rub off on the people around you and it's not fair.
Stay blessed.
XOXO
Mazzie
No comments:
Post a Comment