Saturday, 10 March 2012

Talent

What if I was to tell you that I sing, dance, act, write and produce my own work, what would you say? I tend not to tell people this too much because I don't want to hype myself up so much that people are disappointed when I do something.


According to the Oxford dictionary talent means; "a natural aptitude or skill", although I believe that you cannot rely on natural things alone if you want to become the top of your game. As a writer I know that there are things that I need to do in order for my work to become what I want it to become. I can not rely on my natural ability to write in order to get my "big break". I have to work hard everyday, I have to look over my scripts multiple times so that all the detail needed to make the scene come alive is there. I have to follow constructive criticism to become a great screenwriter.  Everyone needs constructive critics to remind us that there will always be those who do like our work and those who don't. If people don't it's a very good thing.


I admire people who are triple threats and more because in the way I see it they can do everything that I want to do, everything that I can do. However if I am not careful I can go through life just admiring what others can do when I know I can do the same thing. That goes for all of us, if we continue to admire for too long we could miss bettering ourselves within our talent. I remember hearing Pst Brian Houston at Hillsong conference last year (2011) and his message "Living In The Grace Zone", I remember him saying that we will always be second because there will always be people better dancers, actress', dancers, singers and writers than me and I have to accept it. It doesn't mean that I should treat myself as a second class citizen.  

I don't know why I write all these things, but I hope it helps someone stop thinking that they are the only ones who feel like this. 


XOXO


Mazzie




No comments:

Post a Comment