Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Thank you Ryan Seacrest

Saying thank you Ryan Seacrest is not something I ever use in my daily syntax and it's not something I will start saying, but today is really one of those days.
So I was on Facebook checking out my timeline and I saw a video he posted about a young girl asking whether she is pretty or ugly? Now that is really scary that she needs to do that and she is not the only one who has made the video. It's wrong that young girls who may be my sisters age, (13) or younger need that kind of clarification on such a subject.

It's something that all young girls face, I did and still do, but not to the extreme that I need to make a video about it. I guess I have learnt to block it out and just try and think about what God says about me or just pick up the Bible and just start reading to the point where I forget that such a comment came up.

Girls and women will always be insecure, we will always be called ugly and be told that someone else is prettier than us. Sad reality, but it is reality. There will always be someone prettier than us, better than us at anything and everything. It's not something we should dwell on constantly, just remember to be proud of something that you have accomplished. If you have a dress that makes you feel good and look good for all the right reasons wear that dress! We should be able to be proud of something about ourselves and in our lives. However after seeing that post I can't help but question, why do we need clarification from others? By that I mean the kind of clarification that were you only do things because others say it's right.

A good friend said to me a few weeks back that I could do so much more if I didn't always worry about what people thought about me. It was kind of a throw back because I have known it to be true for a very long time and I kind of have done nothing about. I keep on waiting for people to say that I should do something, most of the time I don't because it mean getting noticed. The more I get noticed the more insecure I feel. The more insecure I feel, the more clarification I need. It's fear that is not there. I do believe in God and the Bible, I should only get clarification from God and I should not and never let it take over my life. I always have better things to sort out.

It's quite sad that I know I can do a lot more but I don't want to. I like to lay low and when I say lay low I mean, no-one knows my name, no-one knows how I think or feel or what I want to do with my life. Leave as little evidence as possible in the trail of my life, and do all the mundane stuff perfectly. Don't do any more than I need to, meaning no clarification from anyone about anything and when I'm done, get up and go. Don't say goodbye, just get up go and start a new life. Not exactly the best way to live life, it's not humility and it's dangerous for life.

I wish I could end this blog by saying step out and "be the change" like they do at Sisterhood, but I can't. I do want to say it's a process and a very long one, but remember one rule: don't form any kind of relationship with people, (friendship etc), just to feel good about yourself because when they leave you are back to square one.

Besos

Mazzie

No comments:

Post a Comment